Scotts Flat Lake Campground is the premier destination for outdoor fun and activities in the Sierra Foothills. Open year-round, we are conveniently located between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.
Scotts Flat is an excellent lake to fish for Rainbow Trout, German Browns, Kokanee. Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass.
At an elevation of 3,000 feet, the lake is an ideal headquarters for a complete vacation and family fun. Modern RV and trailer sites, hot showers, attractive tent sites and RV sanitary dump stations are all available at Scotts Flat Lake Recreation Area.
Whether you are planning to stay a while or are just passing through, you are sure to enjoy your stay with us! Come enjoy the hiking and biking trails, fishing, swimming, boating and more.
Forecast: Scotts Flat Lake
PLEASE NOTE: Effective Friday, July 28th, our lower division campgrounds (SCOTTS FLAT, ORCHARD SPRINGS, LONG RAVINE, PENINSULA AND GREENHORN) will be under fire restrictions. No wood or charcoal fires will be allowed in the campgrounds. Propane fire rings and BBQ's are allowed on low or medium flame.
Cascade Shores Boat Launch
Our walk-in gate and day-use area are open year-round!
Summer Season – May 25th – September 14th
- Cascade Boat Launch Gate is open to the public Wednesday – Sunday 9:30am – 6pm (open days may vary to accommodate holidays)
Off-Season – September 15th – May 24th
- Cascade Boat Launch Gate is closed to non-pass members
Lower Scotts Flat Lake
Lower Scotts is known for its beauty and peaceful atmosphere. It is the perfect lake to kayak and paddleboard. Lower Scotts is a "No Motor" lake meaning boats with any type of motor are not allowed on the lake.
Scotts Flat Lake 2023 Day Use Rates:
Day use and boating hours are dawn to dusk and are non-refundable
- Vehicle and up to 4 persons: $17.00
- Boat launching (per boat): $22.00 (No Jet Skis are allowed on Scotts Flat Lake)
- Walk-in or bike: $3.00
- Each pet: $6.00
- Day Use with Kayak/Canoe (2): $20.00
- Motorcycle: $10.00
- Sanitation Dump Fee $15.00
2023 Day Use Monday – Thursday, entry after 4:00 p.m.
- Vehicle and up to 4 persons: $9.00
- Boat launching (per boat): $13.00
- Kayak/Canoe: $11.00
2023 Camping (use the reservation system below)
- Tent Site: $43.00
- Waterfront Tent Site: $51.00
- RV Site: $51.00
- Waterfront RV Site: $56.00
- Boats (Motorized) Per Night: $10.00
- Canoe, Kayak, P/B (each) per night: $3.00
- Each pet, per night: $6.00
- Extra vehicle per night: $17.00
- Motorcycle per night: $10.00
- Additional picnic tables, per night: $5.00
- RV Sanitation dump fee: Included
All prices are per night
Cancellation Fee: $25.00 per reservation
Reservation Fee: $10.00 per site
8 people max per site/One vehicle per site included in the reservation. Only one extra vehicle is permitted per site.
2023 Group Camping Sites
- 24 People Max, 3 Vehicles Included: $153.00 ($30.00 Reservation Fee)
- 100 People Max, 10 Vehicles Included : $510.00 ($100.00 Reservation Fee)
- 32 People Max OFG, 4 Vehicles Included: $224.00 ($40.00 Reservation Fee)
- Waterfront Sites include Sites 1-18 inclusive at Gate 1 and all waterfront sites in Gate II and includes Sites 218 & 248.
Please Note: No more than eight (8) people per single site and only one extra vehicle per single site. Please reserve extra sites to accommodate extra people and vehicles.
Pets are to be leashed and attended at all times and are not allowed on the beach or in the swim areas. Only two pets are allowed per campsite.
Important Notice About Fires in NID Campgrounds:
*Fire restrictions may be imposed due to weather conditions, PSPS events, power outages or poor air quality, at which time, campfires and charcoal fires will not be permitted. In severe cases, propane use may be restricted as well.*
For Additional Information: (530) 265-5302
Scotts Flat Campground
23333 Scotts Flat Rd.
Nevada City, CA 95959